11 May 2009

I missed Chinese food...

I missed Chinese food... so I went to an Asian (Pacific Mercantile on Lawrence St) market and bought some food for, you know, to make Chinese food. Among the goods were seaweed, soba, bok choy, fresh ginger root (aweeesommmeee), a 5-lb bag of rice...standard, ya know?! And then I came home and decide to make... rice pudding. Oye vey. How Americanized am I? :P

The mint leaf was initally used to make it look nice, but I decided
that I really liked it as a palette cleanser prior to diving in to the
glass of deliciocity. Niiceeee.


Fortunately, all is not lost. I made a soup tonight that made me very happy (and healthy, I'm sure :). It was simple and delicious. And I'll post it as if I were going to make it again (with changes):
- Thin "coin" slices of ginger root into hot soup base (I'll stick to good ole' water until I find something better, and it won't be chicken broth or anything like that).
- Finely minced fresh garlic into lightly boiling soup base.
- Toss in the 1" slices of bok choy (stems first!)
- Bok choy leaves a couple minutes later.
- Soba noodles shortly thereafter, unless one prefers a not-so-crunchy texture of vegetables, then wait a bit longer. The buckwheat noodles will have to cook for about 8-9 minutes, shorter if your not in Denver. Womp!
- S&P to taste.

So there it is. Perhaps some mushrooms next time would be a nice addition, and they would have to be straw mushrooms. Golly, that would REALLY bring me back!
No photo here. I finished it before I could blog. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment