15 January 2011

Adding a splash of lemon to the New England winters

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread (Muffins)
This was a King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion Cookbook recipe--book is complement of my roommate...I told myself (and her) that I wouldn't steal it :D

Useful measurements!
  • 2 large lemons = 2 tbsp zest, + some extra for decorating
  • I used oatmeal oats to make oat flour.. this was brilliant, since I don't think I use oat flour often enough to buy a bag.  Use a blade grinder and you can make it as fine/coarse as you like.  I got it to very fine, and still used a flour sifter to add to the rest of the other flours and dry ingredients (all of which were sifted too--makes for fluffy whatevers)
topped with with lemon glaze and zest*

spread some raspberry jam on it, 
to eat as a glorified breakfast item**

* Add an additional tsp and a half of milk to the glaze...because for me, this was more like a paste.
**:D  also, I haven't tried this but:  it may be interesting to take/make some raspberry jam, heat it up (just a touch to liquefy) and swirl it into the batter before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment